#CSAday is February 23. Here are 15 ways we crafted to celebrate and observe this national holiday!
1. Learn about Community Supported Agriculture and find the nearest CSA farm.
2. Cook a meal from scratch using whole fruits and/or vegetables.
3. Make sure you consume your recommended daily allowance of vegetables.
4. Conduct a produce audit of your refrigerator and count the food miles your food traveled to get to your kitchen.
5. Spend the day taking photos of the nutritious, homecooked meals you prepared and post them on social media with the hashtag #CSAday.
6. Bring in a vegetable dish to share with co-workers at your place of employment.
7. Write your Congressman and ask that she/he support small produce farms.
8. Host a screening of Food Inc, or King Corn, or another food documentary and invite your friends, or arrange to have the films shown on public access TV.
9. Discuss food waste and nutritional mindfulness with your family, friends or co-workers.
10. Encourage your favorite restaurant to buy from their local farmers.
11. Write a letter to the editor announcing CSA Day and tell about how being a CSA member has benefited you.
12. Wear an informative “Eat Local” t-shirt.
13. Give your kids some fun summer activities by planning to attend your CSA farm’s family events!
14. Influence those close to you – Host a National CSA Day party and invite all your food-loving friends.
15. Make a commitment to your family’s health in national solidarity and buy a CSA share from a local farm.
Happy CSA Day!
#communitysupportedagriculture #minnesotagrown #bakersacresfarm#bakersacrescsa #avonmn #certifiedorganic